Views: 417 Posts: 0 Started By: joah Last Post Date: Nov 02, 2017
(Post 1)

Previous Article
< PlayerUnknown’s...

Kevin Conroy shares his personal reasoning for why
Batman doesn’t and shouldn’t kill. The iconic voice actor is most well-known for voicing the Caped Crusader in the ’90s cartoon, Batman: The Animated Series , as well as numerous other animated adaptations and video games, such as the
Arkham series. In many ways, the actor’s voice – and in some cases, he himself – has become synonymous with the Gotham superhero.
Considering that Conroy has voiced Batman for 25 years, avid fans continually turn to him for his opinion on the character’s depiction in other mediums. For instance, Ben Affleck’s Batman is regarded by some as the best live-action version of the character yet , whereas others fault Affleck’s iteration for going against the superhero’s fundamental nature by killing and putting others in mortal danger in Zack Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice . While Batman’s story arc in that film was meant to portray the character at the end of his rope , the killing was something that many people – including Conroy – felt went too far. And now, Conroy has provided an appropriate reason for why he felt that way.

In an interview with Den of Geek at New York Comic-Con 2017, Conroy expressed his opinion on Batman’s adversity to killing and even provided an interesting reason for why the superhero should never kill. Read his comments below:

“I personally don’t think Batman kills, and I love that about him. That was something they established early on and it ended up benefiting them so enormously because years later they realized, ‘Wait a minute, we have this rogues gallery of crazy villains and they’re all in Arkham Asylum. Let’s get em! Let’s get them out of there and let’s open it up.’ And then you had the whole Arkham series of games that they were able to do out of that. If he’d killed any of those people, they wouldn’t have been available, you know what I mean? I love the fact that he doesn’t kill.”

While it’s true that killing off characters may preclude them from returning in the future, Conroy forgets that Batman and all of his rogues are comic book characters – and it’s rare that characters die and stay dead in the comic book world. Still, that’s one of many reasons why Conroy believes Batman doesn’t kill, at least not in the comics or in his adaptations. However, it’s worth noting that there have been comics (particularly from Batman’s early years) in which the Dark Knight strayed from his no-killing policy.
And with Affleck’s Batman seeking redemption in Snyder’s
Justice League later this month, audiences will see the DCEU’s Batman find his love for humanity once again.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook