Views: 79 Posts: 0 Started By: Joah Last Post Date: Dec 01, 2017
(Post 1)

The Punisher and Daredevil star Deborah Ann Woll is interested in starring in a Karen Page spinoff, presuming Marvel wants to make one. While Netflix’s small screen corner of the MCU stars five – so far – main superheroes, a great addition to that world has been said heroes’ supporting cast. From Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) to Jeri Hogarth (Carrie-Anne Moss) to Foggy Nelson (Elden Henson), the Defenders-verse is populated by lots of supporting players that serve to add a more human perspective to the craziness that characters like Daredevil and Jessica Jones often get up to.

Another fan favorite supporting character living among Marvel’s street-level Netflix heroes is Karen Page (Deborah Ann Woll). After initially needing to be rescued by Daredevil, she went to work assisting Matt Murdock and Foggy’s law firm, before moving on to become a reporter at the New York Bulletin. Karen was a regular presence on the first two seasons of Daredevil, and made recurring appearances on The Defenders and The Punisher.

During a recent interview with Cinema Blend, Woll was asked how she would feel about a potential Karen Page spinoff. While she doesn’t necessarily think it will happen, the actress made sure to express how much she would be into the idea of giving Karen a solo spotlight. Here’s her full quote:

“I mean, hey, whatever else they want to do! As long as it’s written well. I love the character of Karen. I think that she’s really cool. I don’t know quite how it fits into this superhero world with her, but hey, if you just wanted to do an investigative journalist spinoff where I take down the bad guys with my pen, I would be totally into that.”

The Punishers Deborah Ann Woll Interested in Karen Page Spinoff
While a Karen-centered spinoff might first seem like an odd prospect, there’s no reason it couldn’t necessarily work. For example, Karen is acquainted to varying degrees with all The Defenders now, and also The Punisher. There’s no reason one or more of those characters couldn’t be brought in to serve as backup on her show, switching the usual roles, while also potentially pulling in those heroes’ audiences. Plus, it could be an interesting change of pace to see how a Marvel series plays out from the perspective of a normal person, instead of always through the eyes of a person with superpowers and/or deadly weapons training.

Additionally, Karen’s status as an investigative journalist could very well lend itself to a good mystery tale, with Karen looking for clues and uncovering secrets. As mentioned above, this idea wouldn’t necessarily have to exclude The Defenders or Punisher either, as they could be who Karen called in to bring down the bad guys once she’s gathered enough dirt on their nefarious activities to warrant an intervention. The big difference being that instead of her dropping into their stories, they would be dropping into hers for a change. Will it happen? Realistically, probably not. Still, it’s an interesting prospect to consider.

Daredevil seasons 1 and 2, Jessica Jones season 1, Luke Cage season 1, Iron Fist season 1, The Defenders, and The Punisher season 1 are all currently available to stream on Netflix. Daredevil season 3, Jessica Jones season 2, Luke Cage season 2, and Iron Fist season 2 are all in various stages of production.

Source: Cinema Blend

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook