Views: 70 Posts: 0 Started By: joah Last Post Date: Dec 04, 2017
(Post 1)

Adam Driver has revealed how his character Kylo Ren views heroine Rey going into Star Wars: The Last Jedi . Director Rian Johnson’s highly anticipated next installment in the Skywalker Saga hits theaters December 15, and fans are eagerly waiting to see what is going to happen between the franchise’s young villain and hero as the battle between light verses dark rages on in the galaxy far, far away.

During the first film in the new trilogy, director J.J. Abram’s The Force Awakens, it was revealed that Rey and Kylo Ren share a mysterious connection through the force that has yet been explained. There are many fan theories going around the Internet trying to crack the code between the two character’s bond, including the possibility that they are somehow related (with Rey’s mother being Leia Organa or her father being Luke Skywalker), that they are going to develop a romance during the next two films or that they’re simply two sides of the same coin – light and dark. With the trailers for The Last Jedi teasing a darker story with Kylo Ren and Rey trying to figure out their place in the galaxy, it wouldn’t be surprising to see them both ebb and flow between light and dark, leading to a complex dynamic between the two.

In an exclusive interview with Screen Rant , Adam Driver reveals how his character, Kylo Ren, is going to view Rey in The Last Jedi . The last time audiences saw these two characters interact, they were engaged in a lightsaber battle in the snowy woods outside of Starkiller Base after Kylo Ren murdered his father, the iconic Han Solo, and pushed his lifeless body off a platform in typical Star Wars fashion.

Screen Rant: At the end of The Force Awakens see that Kylo is kind of filled with rage after just killing his father but when he sees an opportunity with Rey he kind of slows down a little bit. What’s his perspective on Rey going into The Last Jedi?

Adam Driver: I think it’s more of a question mark. I don’t think he’s really landed on any kind of answer about what his opinion is of her. I think there’s just, there’s something that he recognizes that maybe no one else does I would say. But he hasn’t, I don’t think it’s something that he’s resolved in his mind.

Screen Rant : He definitely views Rey in a unique kind of way?
Adam Driver: Oh, for sure. I would say.

Considering Kylo Ren comes off as a very indecisive character in the films – whether struggling with the decision to kill his father or seemingly deciding whether to kill his mother while piloting his starfighter in The Last Jedi trailers – it’s to be expected that he’s also indecisive about his opinion of Rey as well. We have a feeling that his curiosity about Rey and her recently tapped ability to wield the force is only going to be stronger, as he attempts to figure out his own place in the galaxy while under the thumb of Supreme Leader Snoke .

While Driver is being coy about what is going to happen between Rey and Kylo Ren in the new film, we have a feeling their relationship is going to play a major role in the fight between the Resistance and the First Order. If we can take The Last Jedi trailer scene of Kylo offering Rey his hand (and help) at face value, then we might even see an alliance between light and dark never before shown in this franchise.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook