Views: 55 Posts: 0 Started By: joah Last Post Date: Dec 05, 2017
(Post 1)

Ahead of Star Wars: The Last Jedi , Daisy Ridley revealed Rey is not immaculately conceived, but couldn’t say that much else when it comes to the widely discussed mysterious origin of her Star Wars character. As we continue to explore the ongoing saga restarted by
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, it’s exciting to finally know where writer/director Rian Johnson is taking both the legacy and new characters in the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi . While there are so many existing open plot points that need some answers, arguably one of the biggest of them all is Rey’s lineage..

As the new main hero of the sequel trilogy, there is so much to unpack when it comes to Rey. We know that she was left, for whatever reason, on Jakku and lived on her own until she was roped into the conflict between the Resistance and the First Order. Maz Kanata said that whoever she was waiting for on that desert planet won’t return, so she needs to set out on her own adventures. We know that she is strong with the Force and that there is more to her than meets the eye, making her much more of an enigma, maybe even than when we first met Luke Skywalker.

Ridley sat down with Screen Rant during The Last Jedi ‘s recent press junket where we were able to ask about her thoughts on Rey’s true origin that has been clouded with so much secrecy. Here’s how the conversation went down:

Screen Rant: Have you ever read a fan theory that has been right about your character?
Daisy Ridley: No.

Screen Rant: Really? Because the big question is about who are Rey’s parents, right?

Daisy Ridley: I mean, I’ve read a fan theory about Immaculate Conception. In fact, that was the only one that I read because someone directed me toward it and I was like you should get to work. Immaculate Conception. Then someone told me that I was actually Snoke or something or other, and it was time travel and I do think it’s hilarious that there’s this like great character and everyone was trying to attribute it to another character..

Screen Rant: Yeah. Obi-Wan Kenobi..

Daisy Ridley: Oh, what? That I’m Obi-Wan Kenobi? No, I heard about Snoke.

Screen Rant: No, that you are Ben Kenobi’s granddaughter is another theory.

Daisy Ridley: Oh. Oh. Oh. I dunno. The only one I read is about Immaculate Conception so technically I’ve never read a real one..

Since the huge Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back reveal that Vader is Luke’s real father, fans have been wrapped up on the notion that almost every major character in the franchise is somewhat related to the Skywalkers (or now Solos). After all, the whole saga has always been presented as a family drama in outer space. But if Ridley’s Rey doesn’t have familial ties to any of the major clans in the lore, it will be interesting how her existence will affect the future of the series. Rumor has it that the Skywalker storyline is ending in Star Wars: Episode IX and it would be curious if Anakin’s extended storyline ends with his last descendant, Kylo Ren, biting the dust.

Fully diving into all theories out there regarding Rey’s heritage could take a lot more time, given fans’ countless concocted scenarios as to how the young scavenger fits in the famed mythos. Fortunately, with Star Wars: The Last Jedi almost upon us, we won’t have to wait long to learn more about Rey’s mysterious past and whether she has any previous ties to Luke before she was dropped off on Jakku. Ridley has previously teased the much-anticipated reveal to be highly emotional and however Johnson and folks at Lucasfilm decided to go about Rey’s lineage, it’s most likely something that we have not seen done in the saga before.

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook