Views: 61 Posts: 0 Started By: joah Last Post Date: Dec 06, 2017
(Post 1)

As Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D . airs its fifth season, there are certainly some loose hanging threads left behind by previous seasons. But some of those loose ends go all the way back to season one, which means that those are probably plots and characters the series just wishes fans would forget.

However, fans are notoriously good at remembering many smaller details of their favorite shows. That means we still have a lot of questions about what happened to those hanging plot threads that sort of got tossed to the wayside. It’s bad enough that two characters, Bobbi and Lance got forced to leave the show for
Marvel’s Most Wanted, a series that never made it to air. But it’s also even worst that never really said goodbye to Agent Grant Ward after he became a good guy in the Framework. And it’s just sad that Ian Quinn is still out there somewhere doing bad Hydra things. Also, there were a lot of Daisy LMDs running around: surely they’re still out there somewhere ready to create chaos?

Perhaps some of these questions will get answered in season five. But most of these will probably keep hanging in the ether as questions that will never get answered.
Here are 15 Things Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Wants You To Forget About.

15. IAN QUINN
Sometimes TV series introduce characters in their early seasons and then completely forget them later on. One such character is Ian Quinn, who is still just floating around out there in the world of
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., capable of turning up to make life difficult for Coulson and his pals.
Quinn was an integral part of the scientific project that created Deathlok and spent a lot of time undermining the S.H.I.E.L.D. team as an agent of Hydra. He was one of the big villains in the first season of the show, but he eventually left Hydra and disappeared. Although Quinn got a brief mention in season three, no one has heard from him since. Is he forgotten? Or is Marvel saving him for future villainy?

14. SENATOR NADEER’S INHUMAN BROTHER
Season four introduced Senator Ellen Nadeer, a woman very outspoken about her fear and hatred of Inhumans. Ironically, though, her brother, Vijay, ended up going through Terrigenesis, the process that signals a human turning into an Inhuman. That, however, did not change the Senator’s mind: she hired a group called the Watchdogs to assassinate her brother because of what he had become. But when it was time to pull the trigger, it was the Senator who did so, supposedly killing Vijay. The Senator arranged to have her brother’s body dumped into the ocean.
Deep underneath the sea, though, viewers saw Vijay in a cocoon, probably undergoing a second Terrigenesis. Vijay was left for dead, but he probably isn’t really dead. So what became of him? We may never know.

13. MARVEL’S MOST WANTED
The characters of Bobbi Morse and Lance Hunter made such an impact on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that Marvel and ABC decided to give them their own television series, Marvel’s Most Wanted . So S.H.I.E.L.D. had to devise a way to say goodbye to the characters on that show. They ended up having to go deep underground, which meant leaving their fellow agents behind.
There was a tearful final scene for the couple, which would lead eventually lead into the first episode of their own television show. Except there’s just one problem: Marvel’s Most Wanted never happened. After ordering a pilot, ABC decided not to pick up the series. The good news is that Lance will appear in season five, and maybe fans will finally find out what happened to Bobbi.

12. INHUMANS
One of the key story arcs throughout the past few seasons of
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. surrounded the Inhumans: those people who underwent terrigenesis to become powered individuals. With the introduction of the Inhumans TV show, though, many believed that fans would get a crossover between that and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Although the premiere of the Inhumans TV series might have brought moon-dwellers to Earth, it’s likely that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D will ignore that it ever happened because the show was a such a flop. Not only did Inhumans get overwhelmingly panned by critics, but Marvel fans seemed to hate it, too, because it was nothing like the story from the Marvel comic books. It’s very likely that Marvel will pretend that Inhumans never even happened.

11. DEATHLOK
There is one really amazing character that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just sort of forgot about: Deathlok. Fans first met the character as Mike Peterson in season one, then he got tangled up with a mysterious scientific project that turned him into a cyborg, part human and part machine.
Eventually, Deathlok found his way to S.H.I.E.L.D. and worked as an agent for the group. He helped the team fight Hydra and then disappeared after season two, presumably to go off and do his own thing. He is still alive, but it seems a complete waste of his character not to give him more screen time. He did get a mention in season four, but fans haven’t seen him on the series in several years. Perhaps he isn’t entirely forgotten, but he’s probably gone for good.

10. MARIA HILL
Maria Hill, the former Deputy Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., is one of the more popular supporting characters in the Marvel universe. But it seems that her time and appearances on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has come to an end, especially with her getting featured in the new trailer for Avengers: Infinity War.
Yes, that’s right: Hill is on to bigger and better things than television (she also appeared in Avengers: Age of Ultron ). Although Marvel originally intended to feature crossover storylines from its movies into the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television show, it seems the company eventually gave up on that idea. Hill has not appeared on the series since the second season, and she has not received a mention in episodes after that. She belongs to Marvel movies now.

9. AGENT CARTER
One of the most important characters in the universe of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has never received a mention on the series. That character is Peggy Carter, who fans first saw in Captain America: The First Avenger . However, Carter eventually got her own television series, Agent Carter, where fans got to see her early adventures as one of the founders of S.H.I.E.L.D.
One might think that a S.H.I.E.L.D. founder would act as an important part of a show based around that organization, but Marvel wants you to forget about her and her canceled series, save for a few emotional mentions in its movies. Although the character died in Captain America: Civil War, she was still around during the early seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. So why didn’t she get a mention?

8. NICK FURY
Nick Fury first appeared in Captain America: The First Avenger as the head of S.H.I.E.L.D., which gave him a way to cross over into the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television series. He was an important part of the first season and helped bring Phil Coulson back to life through the T.A.H.I.T.I. project. He went deep underground to help the team expose Hydra and eventually turned over the leadership of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Coulson.
However, although Fury is an important member of S.H.I.E.L.D., he only appeared in two episodes of the series. Nick Fury is another one of those characters that Marvel saves for the movies – though he won’t be in any movie until Captain Marvel – so as far as TV goes, fans will probably never see Fury on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ever again. At least he gets mentioned occasionally.

7. ARMY OF LMD DAISIES
Season four of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. introduced robotic beings known as LMDs: Life Model Decoys that can take the form of a human, complete with many of that human’s thoughts and feelings. AIDA and her group of villains designed an entire army of LMDs based on Daisy.
Those robots eventually go on the attack, but there were so many of them, and fans only saw a few of them meet their end in season four’s final battle. So what happened to the other Daisies? Where are they? Will they end up being completely forgotten, never mentioned again? Or will they come back to haunt the character and the team when we least expect it? It’s highly likely that this is another one of those loose ends that will never get resolved.

6. TERRIGEN IN THE FISH PRODUCTS
One of the key plot points of season three of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. revolved around Inhumans popping up all over the planet, as well as how they gained their powers. There were terrigens (the particles responsible for creating the change that turns a human into an Inhuman) in fish products all over the world.
However, there has been no mention on the series about this issue getting contained. If that’s the case, all that terrigen is still out there and spreading. If so, though, wouldn’t Earth already be overrun with people with superpowers? The series had one character, Charles, who got exposed to terrigen in the rain, so that means it already made it into Earth’s ecosystem. But the series seems to have completely forgotten about it.

5. DONNIE GILL / BLIZZARD
Remember Donnie Gill? He was a student at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology who ended up gaining some pretty impressive ice and freezing powers, the kind that would put Elsa to shame. Way back in season one, Hydra brainwashed him and convinced him to work for their side. But Donnie was strong: he eventually broke free of Hydra’s influence and ran away to Morocco. Hydra didn’t give up so easily: they tracked him down and brought him back under their control.
Fans last saw Donnie – who’s known in the comics as Blizzard – in a massive battle between S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra. After Daisy shot Donnie, he sank to the bottom of the ocean, which is where it seems most long-lost and forgotten S.H.I.E.L.D. characters end up. Is he really dead? Who really knows?

4. ELLIOT RANDOLPH
Elliot Randolph was an interesting character because he wasn’t human; he was an Asgardian who decided to stay on Earth after an ancient battle there. Now, Randolph poses as a human professor who specializes in Norse mythology. Randolph has worked with S.H.I.E.L.D. in the past, especially when they needed knowledge of Asgardian and Kree artifacts.
Fans last saw Randolph in season three in the episode “Purpose in the Machine”, where he helped Coulson and his team open a portal that leads to another planet in an attempt to rescue Jemma Simmons, who got sucked through a similar portal earlier in the season. Randolph is still out there somewhere, teaching kids about the “legends” of Thor, Odin and Loki, but he hasn’t been mentioned on the series since.

3. IVANOV/THE SUPERIOR
There is one story arc from season four of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that still has a major thread hanging: what happened to Anton Ivanov, aka The Superior? During last season, fans saw AIDA take Ivanov’s head off and put it inside a jar.
With his brain still active, he had the power to control a group of Ivanov robotic bodies. He tried to use the power of the Darkhold to create a new world that feared and hated the Inhumans. S.H.I.E.L.D., with the help of Ghost Rider, stopped him, but fans never saw what became of his head in the jar or the robotic bodies that the organization didn’t destroy. There are Ivanovs still out there, but it doesn’t seem like season five will concern itself with them.

2. NO FINAL GOODBYE FOR WARD
Agent Grant Ward was one of those characters with a complex background. Although he started out as an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D., he was actually a spy for Hydra, which eventually got revealed to the team. But he had a history with Daisy before that: the two were obviously attracted to each other, if not in love. However, his evil actions made Daisy hate him.
Coulson eventually killed Ward, but H.I.V.E. claimed his body and he continued as the villain into further seasons of the series. Obviously, he died again. But then he turned up in the Framework, and there he was actually one of the good guys and in a relationship with Daisy. Even after he learned that he wasn’t real, he helped Daisy and the team escape the Framework. She got a final goodbye, but fans just watched a good character get deleted when AIDA destroyed the Framework. Maybe Daisy got her closure, but fans certainly didn’t.

1. THE RISING TIDE
Remember the hactivist group the Rising Tide? The group helped expose the truth behind the Battle of New York and S.H.I.E.L.D. back in the first season of the series.They continued to threaten S.H.I.E.L.D. that they would turn up when the organization least expected it. Most importantly, though, the group had an important member of their team: Skye (who would later become Daisy).
However, the Rising Tide seems only to exist so that it could introduce that character to the world because once Skye/Daisy joined S.H.I.E.L.D., they became less important to the story. They were last mentioned in season three. It seemed that early on, Daisy asked the group to help with her hacking, but she now seems to have forgotten they were ever a part of her life.

Are there other abandoned characters or plot threads in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ? Let us know in the comments!

TAGS: Agents Of Shield

Share it Let Friends Know

Make A Reply Below!

Desired Name:

Comment:

You Can Now Beautify Your Posts With
BBcodes || Smileys

CLOSE

Like Us On Facebook